Why Face-to-Face Meetings Matter
Virtual meetings are growing in popularity, but are they as effective as in-person gatherings?
Technological advancements and the global nature of many businesses mean virtual and hybrid meetings are often a necessity — but that doesn’t make face-to-face meetings less valuable. An infographic from CT Business Travel and NeoMam Studios highlights why face-to-face meetings are still the way to go.
Click here to see the full infographic, and read on for some statistics and highlights that prove in-person meetings matter!
- 95 percent of professionals believe face-to-face meetings are key to successful business relationships.
- 47 percent of professionals said that they've lost a contract or client because they didn't allow for enough face time.
- 80 percent of millennials and 78 percent of Gen Xers prefer face-to-face meetings.
- 69 percent of people admit to browsing social media to pass the time during audio-only conference calls.
- The benefits of face-to-face meetings include:
- Ability to read emotion and body language
- Opportunities for sideline conversations, which can help team members make decisions
- Chance to show personality and use humor
- Opportunity to judge other people’s skills
- Trust is built faster face-to-face, research has shown
- Technology cannot replace these three vital aspects of face-to-face meetings:
- First impression
- Body language